Choose Absolute Comfort for Superior AC Repair Services
A defective air conditioner in your home can lead to a drastic consumption of energy and higher energy bills for you. The longer you avoid dealing with air conditioning repair, the more expensive fixing it will be. At Absolute Comfort we strive to get to the root of the problem as quickly as possible. This way we make sure that the situation gets resolved satisfactorily.
Absolute Comfort has a wide range of air conditioning repair options for you to select from and we'll help you choose the one that would be best for your home. And when it comes to their repair, we are the go-to experts to rely on. We serve Weber and Davis counties, including Ogden, North Ogden and Roy, UT.
Signs That Will Help You to Detect a Broken Air Conditioner
Having a finely-tuned air conditioner is paramount to your family’s comfort and wellbeing; this is easily handled with proper installation, maintenance and regular servicing. To avoid costly AC repairs it would be advisable to identify problems as soon as they occur. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- The AC is blowing warm air: It is an air conditioner’s job to blow refreshingly cold air. But if it blasts warm air instead, you should get an expert to look at it.
- A malfunctioning thermostat: The thermostat is the captain of the air conditioning ship. It talks to the AC unit, instructing it on the amount of cold air to generate. If your air conditioner runs for small periods of time and then shuts off or if it will not turn on at all, this indicates that the thermostat is working poorly.
- A little air blowing out of vents: Weak airflow could mean that the compressor is failing, or it could also be a sign of faulty ducts. Cool air comes on when you turn the AC on but if it is not a very forceful thrust of air you should get an HVAC technician to check it out. This could avoid problems in the future.
- Loud noises heard from the AC unit: Contact an expert HVAC technician as soon as you start hearing grinding, jingling or scraping noises when the AC unit is on. There could be a problem with a loose belt hanging out and only professional HVAC technicians can set this right.
What to Check Before Calling Absolute Comfort
Is your air conditioner not working efficiently? Don't worry! Absolute Comfort and its expertly-trained team can diagnose the problem and get your AC repaired efficiently. Some common signs to know that you should be calling us:
- AC not cooling.
- AC blowing hot air.
- When turned off, the AC leaks water.
- AC stays on longer than it should.
- The central unit does not turn on.
Superior Services from Absolute Comfort: A Name You Can Rely On
At Absolute Comfort we are committed to helping you resolve your air conditioning issues. Give us a call at (385) 557-8050 for superior air conditioning repair services.
While every unit is different, and every homeowner has a different notion of when their central air conditioner is damaged beyond repair, it's safe to say that with adequate maintenance and care, you can anticipate a modern high-efficiency air conditioning system to provide 15 to 20 years of cooling. However, even the greatest HVAC systems, while properly maintained, will ultimately reach their limit.
If your air conditioning system is ten years old or older, it may not be worth the expense of repair unless it is a simple remedy. For example, a worn fan belt or a clogged condenser unit might be worth a repair, whereas a condenser replacement would be too cost-prohibitive for a repair. Still, you should have your skilled HVAC technician inspect your AC unit and the ducts that distribute your cold air to make an accurate decision.
A faulty capacitor is the most common air conditioner repair. Capacitors assist the electric motors in your air conditioning system to start and run. They specifically offer a burst of energy during the initial phase to get the motors up to speed. Capacitors deteriorate with time, and if not changed, they will malfunction rendering them worthless and occasionally causing additional problems inside the machine.
Another common issue is that the refrigerant level is inadequate. When this occurs, the system may struggle to keep up, may halt, and eventually fail to sufficiently cool your houseAdding more refrigerant to your system to restore proper cooling is not difficult; the challenge is that your system is low on refrigerant for a reason. This often occurs in the evaporator coil, and if the leak is large enough, it may be essential to replace the entire system (if the system is more than 10 years old) or only the evaporator coil if the system is newer.